Saturday, June 1, 2013

Texas Free Fall



A few summers ago I went to Splashtown and they have this ride called Texas Free Fall. I was so afraid to ride this gigantic slide. This was about 5 stories tall . I could not believe I was going to do this.  I was scared out of my pants ( not literally ). I got to the top of the ride and did not stand a chance to look down at the ground. I knew if I did this I would over come my fear of heights. I got in the blue slide at the very top and when the lifeguard said ''GO!'' I carefully slid down the slide . I zoomed down the slide like lightning. I did not know where I was going at the time . But praise the Lord I'm still alive today. Thank you Jesus! Keep on having a great summer.

8 comments:

  1. I love that ride at Splashtown! I used to be very afraid of heights as well. I was afraid of heights until I went into the Marines and they helped me get past my fear pretty quickly! Haha....have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for more confidence ! Keep on having a great summer !

      Delete
  2. Alyssa, I remember the first time I rode a roller coaster that went upside down at Astroworld. My heart pounded the entire wait, but after that first ride I was hooked! And, your post sounds a whole lot like a few moments and decisions I've made in my life. I didn't know exactly where I was going, but praise the Lord, He brought me through it, every time! :) Keep writing girlie, loving keeping up with you!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I actually have ridden Rock'n Rollin' Rollercoaster at Disney World . I was pretty scared . Keep on having a great summer !

      Delete
  3. Oh my - I am so scared of heights that I cried one time on the Ferris wheel!!! Jeff was patting my hand and saying "It's ok, Mom, it's ok"...it's funny now, but then, not so much :) Good for you on being so brave!

    Aunt Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so funny to do that . Tell Jeff I'm laughing with him. Keep on having a great summer!

      Delete
  4. Love your writing! I could definitely tell you were your Mimi's granddaughter when you threw a few phrases like "PRAISE THE LORD" and a "THANK YOU JESUS!" in there! :))) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet I'm Mimi's granddaughter. Thanks for taking us to Splashtown today I enjoyed spending time with you . Have a great summer!

      Delete